Last Updated: September 23, 2015
This Policy applies to information collected on the Site. This Policy does not apply to or govern our collection and use of information in connection with purchases made at our other websites (such as Hanes.com), our retail locations or through our mail order catalogs.
In general, the Policy explains:
- What information we collect about you and how it is collected
- How we use information that we collect
- How we share information that we collect
- Your choices regarding information that we have collected about you
We collect information from a variety of sources, including information provided by you, information we collect when you use the Site and information about you that we receive from third-party sources.
Immediately below, we have identified our sources of information, together with examples of the kinds of information collected by each source:
- Name (first, middle initial, and last)
- Address (billing and shipping)
- Zip code
- E-mail address
- Telephone number(s)
- Mobile telephone number(s)
- Date of birth or age
Mobile Information. When you use the Site on a mobile device or when you download or use any apps created by us, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device itself, including your device’s unique identifier. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services and other services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect for a variety of reasons related to our operation and your use of the Site. We may combine information about you that we collect on-line, in our stores, via mobile applications, from our other websites, and from third-party sources. In addition, we may share information about you with third parties in certain circumstances.
Examples of specific ways in which Hanesbrands may use your Personal Information include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responding to your requests (including, for example, to enter a sweepstakes; to receive product information, or catalogs or to enroll in our e-mail and education rebate programs);
- Improving the content, appearance and utility of the Site;
- Tracking our visitors’ use of the Site for internal research purposes and to enhance our product messaging to you;
- Inviting you to participate in market research;
- Providing any necessary notices to our visitors and notifying them about Site updates;
- Sending catalogs, printed materials, offers and other announcements to postal addresses and allowing our affiliates and other reputable third-party marketers to do the same;
- Sending e-mail offers, announcements, or newsletters to your e-mail address (these e-mails may come from any of us at Hanesbrands, including any Hanesbrands affiliate);
- Contacting you on a residential or mobile telephone number that you have given us (either by a traditional voice call or through an SMS or text message) to provide you with information about our products, special offers, or promotions;
- Providing apps or interactive features of the Site, such as product reviews or marketing communications and other information regarding our products, services and promotions;
- Administering promotions, surveys, and focus groups;
- Providing location-based services, including search results and other personalized content, through use of location information obtained from your mobile device; and
- Monitoring against theft and fraud.
MANAGING YOUR PREFERENCES
We want to communicate with you in the most effective manner, whether by sending you relevant marketing materials or by operating an intuitive and informative website. At the same time, we appreciate that your preferences regarding marketing, promotions, and online privacy will continue to evolve. This section provides you with information on how you can fine-tune your preference settings.
- Hanesbrands Marketing and Promotions. If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive marketing or promotional materials from us, you may notify us of your choice in several different ways. You may send an e-mail to email@example.com; you may write to Hanes Branded Printwear, P.O. Box 3019, Winston-Salem, NC 27102; or you may call (800) 685-7557. When contacting us, please be sure to provide us with your exact e-mail address, name, postal address, and/or telephone number(s) in order to be sure we handle your request correctly. In addition, each time we send you an e-mail marketing message, we give you the option to unsubscribe from the applicable brand’s promotional e-mail list by simply clicking the unsubscribe link included in the e-mail.
We may, however, continue to contact you via e-mail if you have subscribed to any of our other brand-specific e-mail lists. We may also continue to contact you by e-mail for administrative or informational purposes, including follow-up messages regarding services, features or functions in which you have enrolled, other promotions or contests in which you have participated or have entered, and other transactions you have undertaken with the Site.
- Mobile Devices. Most mobile devices allow you to customize various privacy settings, such as location services and push notifications. For more information about how to do this, please contact your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your mobile device to learn how to adjust the settings on your device. Please note that if you choose not to provide us with your location information through the mobile version of the Site, you may not be able to use all of the Site’s features.
- Interest-Based Advertising and Do-Not Track Settings. Interest-based advertising uses information about you to provide relevant, targeted advertising likely to be of interest to you. Click here for additional information on interest-based advertising.
Although some web browsers offer “do not track” options, the Site does not currently honor “do-not-track” browser settings. If you would like to opt-out of interest-based advertising, please click here. Please note: if you choose opt-out of Hanesbrands’ interest-based advertising, you may continue to see or receive online advertising from us, but such ads may not be as relevant to you.
- Cookies. Internet browser software may allow you to change settings and prevent websites from automatically setting Cookies. Some media players, such as Flash, allow you to manage local shared objects. If you do change these settings, it may affect your ability to use certain features and functions on our Site, and you may need to re-enter information when you use the Site at a later time. You should consult with the publisher or licensor of your browser and media players if you want to change the settings or if you are experiencing trouble browsing our Site.
INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN UNDER 13
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act imposes requirements on websites that collect personal information about children under 13 (for example, name, address, and e-mail address). We recognize the particular importance of protecting the privacy of personal information where children are involved, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
If a child under the age of 13 has provided our website with personally identifiable information, we ask that such child’s parent or guardian call (800) 832-0594 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will delete the information about the child from our files.
SECURITY AND PHISHING
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Information. However, no e-commerce solution, website, database, or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” As such, you are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
Phishing attacks attempt to steal consumers’ personal identity data and financial account credentials. “Phishers” use “spoofed” e-mails to lead consumers to counterfeit websites designed to trick recipients into divulging sensitive Personal Information such as credit card numbers, account usernames, passwords, and Social Security Numbers. WE DO NOT SEND E-MAILS ASKING YOU TO PROVIDE OR CONFIRM SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION OR YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD! If you receive such e-mail communication, please forward it immediately to the Site’s Privacy Administrator at email@example.com, and then immediately delete the fraudulent e-mail from your computer.
REVISIONS AND UPDATES
We reserve the right to change this Policy, and any changes to our Policy will become effective upon our posting of the revised Policy on the Site. Use of the Site following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy then in effect.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of Personal Information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates’ direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of Personal Information shared with third parties and used for direct marketing purposes and the name and address of the third parties that received such Personal Information.
If you are a California resident and want a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address:
P.O. Box 748
Rural Hall, NC 27098
c/o Privacy Administrator
In your request, please specify that you want a “Your Hanesbrands California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response.
Questions concerning the use of the Site should be directed to us, as follows:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Privacy Administrator, HanesBrands Inc., P.O. Box 986, Rural Hall, NC 27045-0283
- Telephone: (800) 283-5215
When contacting us, please be sure to provide us with your exact e-mail address, name, address, and/or telephone number(s) so that we may handle your request correctly.